The Business Travel Account (BTA) is an easy-to-use and effective tool for managing your corporate travel expenses. The BTA can be used by your company to charge T&E expenses for infrequent travelers, consultants, job candidates, and even large groups traveling on company business. It can be used by any travel agency that your company designates.
- Combines your travel expenses into a single, centrally billed account
- Enhanced visibility provides you maximum control over expenses assisting in saving time and money
How a Business Travel Account works
Save time & money with a cardless solution to centralize billing
- Consolidate virtually all your travel expenditures – one account, one bill, one payment
- Effectively monitor and manage traveler’s expenses without issuing cards
- Ensure preferred supplier and travel policy compliance
- Receive and view spend data that is meaningful to your company
Provide Access to Protection
- You can protect your travelers with Business Travel Accident Insurance1 and Baggage Insurance Plan2
- Improved spend visibility to assist with supplier negotiations
- Peace of mind and protection for your travelers with Global Assist® Hotline – call toll free in the U.S., or collect when abroad, and get help finding medical, legal, financial and emergency assistance
View and pay your online statement through American @ Work for quick and easy access to billing information – Learn more about BTA Online Statements
Integrate American Express BTA reconciliation solutions into existing systems with ease
Corporate Account Reconciliation (CAR) for BTA3 – a robust online solution that enables you to streamline your BTA reconciliation process
- View and reconcile transactions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Upload transactions with ease to your company’s financial systems
- Edit multiple transactions in a single step
- Enhance individual BTA transactions with your organization’s HR data
- Allocate transactions to the appropriate cost center through account code validation
- Obtain clear insight through CAR reporting capabilities based on client-defined data
- Reduce the reconciliation cycle by days or weeks through the CAR for BTA online capabilities
- Reduce IT programming time and costs by configuring CAR for BTA to the requirements of your financial systems
- Save time by not having to request and receive missing data from your travel agency
1. Coverage subject to terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy 6477-82-04. Coverage underwritten by Federal Insurance Company (a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies), 15 Mountain View Road, Warren, New Jersey 07059. The spouse/domestic partner and dependent children of the Covered Person are covered when traveling with the Covered Person on business and at the request and expense of the Sponsoring Organization, and when separate Covered Transportation Costs are charged for the spouse/domestic partner and dependent children.
2. American Express Card Baggage Insurance Plan is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0400 or Policy BIP-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.
3. Rate of reconciliation is not guaranteed and is dependent on the travel data provided, and the extent of data issued for individual transactions processed. Level of data received by American Express for individual transactions will vary as a result of Airline Reporting Corporation (ARC)/Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP) processing. Business Travel Account clients may be required to enter into an agreement with their respective travel agency to permit the regular transmission of travel data to American Express for the purpose of reconciliation in CAR for BTA.