1. Travel Emergency Assistance: All Services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods and services or refusal of permissions by local authorities.
2. Air Canada Cash Back Loyalty Program:Companies are eligible to receive Cash Back on the purchase of eligible Air Canada flights charged to the American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Card, as per the following rules:
(a) Companies must spend a minimum of $20,000 on flight bookings for travel on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or on carriers operating under the Air Canada Express banner, regardless of fare option or booking class. Flight bookings with Air Canada’s codeshare or interline partners are not included in the calculation of the amount spent on flight bookings;
(b) The amount spent on a flight booking is equivalent to the base fare, exclusive of all taxes, surcharges and any additional fees (such as travel option charges), and is calculated once the flight has been completed;
(c) Flight Pass purchases can also be included in the calculation of the amount spent on flights bookings. The calculation will be based on the amount of the Flight Pass purchase charged on the American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Card (minus any Flight Pass credits and returns); and
(d) Companies with Air Canada contracted and/or negotiated fare rates are not eligible for this Cash Back offer.
4. Aeroplan Miles: Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases less credits and returns. Finance charges, annual fees, other fees and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
5. Front Of The Line: Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
6. Corporate Express Cash Service: After Company registers for this service, Cardmembers must then enroll individually with American Express. In addition, proof of identity to comply with government requirements may be required. Cardmembers will be informed via post when they have been enrolled and will be supplied with a PIN.
7. Spending Limits: American Express reserves the right to refuse to authorize any charge. Some Corporate Cards may carry specific usage guidelines and limits at the request of your company or at the discretion of American Express.
† Note: All Insurance coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of their respective Master Policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
8. Flight & Baggage Delay Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
9. Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
10. Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express Corporate Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of the rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
11. Business Travel Accident Insurance: Underwritten by Chubb Insurance Group of Canada (a member company of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies). Under Master policy #6477-4608.
12. AMEX Travel Insurance: AMEX Travel Insurance™ is optional group travel insurance underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Company of Canada. All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the Group Policy issued to Amex Bank of Canada and the applicable limitations and exclusions described in the Certificate of Insurance issued upon enrollment.