Corporate Gold Cardmember
1. Travel Emergency Assistance: All services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods and services or refusal of permissions by local authorities.
2. Membership Rewards: Earn one point for virtually every dollar charged on eligible, enrolled American Express® Corporate Cards. In the case of a Corporate Card, participation in the Membership Rewards program is subject to the approval of the Company or other entity in whose name the Corporate Card account is opened. In order to participate and before any points can be earned, the Cardmembers must first enroll in the program (except for the American Express Corporate Platinum Card which, if Company approval is given, is automatically enrolled in the Program). The Company or other entity may also cancel participation in the Program at any time. Rewards are subject to availability and restrictions may apply as to when the reward can be redeemed. Amex Bank of Canada reserves the right to terminate the program with three (3) months prior notice. Items submitted to us or recognized by our systems as being purchases or charges for travellers cheques or foreign currencies, cash advances, balance transfers, Amex Cheques, Express Cash transactions, annual fees, finance charges and/or other fees or charges are not eligible to earn points. Redeemed rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit. Amex Bank of Canada reserves the right to change the Program Terms and Conditions, including without limitation assignment and reassignment of tiers and associated rights, at any time without notice. To cancel enrollment in the Membership Rewards program at any time, please call 1-800-716-6661. Please visit www.membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-716-6661 for more information, for current annual fees or for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
3. Front Of The Line: Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
4. Concierge Service: Upon authorization by the Cardmember, Corporate Gold Card Concierge uses its best efforts to source or arrange the purchase of requested goods and services from a supplier. There is no charge for using the services of Corporate Gold Concierge; however, the Cardmember will be responsible for paying the supplier for any purchases and/or shipping charges you authorize, as well as any other fees or related costs that may apply. Amex Bank of Canada cannot be responsible for the acts or omissions of suppliers, and cannot guarantee successful fulfillment of Cardmember requests in all instances.
5. Express Cash Service: After Company registers for this service, Cardmembers must then enroll individually with American Express. In addition, proof of identity to comply with government requirements may be required. Cardmembers will be informed via post when they have been enrolled and will be supplied with a PIN.
6. Spending Limits: American Express reserves the right to refuse to authorize any charge. Some Corporate Cards may carry specific usage guidelines and limits at the request of your company or at the discretion of American Express.
† Note: All Insurance coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of their respective Master Policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
7. Lost/Stolen Baggage Insurance: Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverage is underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
8. Flight and Baggage Delay Insurance: Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverage is underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
9. Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance: Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverage is underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company.
10. Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express Corporate Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of the rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
11. Business Travel Accident Insurance: Underwritten by Chubb Insurance Group of Canada (a member company of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies). Under Master policy #6477-4608. If your company policy allows, use the card to book tickets for your spouse or dependent children (under age 23) and they will also be automatically covered when accompanying you on your business trip.
12. AMEX Travel Assurance: AMEX Travel AssuranceTM is optional group travel insurance underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada and (for certain coverages in Quebec) RBC General Insurance Company. All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the Group Policy issued to Amex Bank of Canada and the applicable limitations and exclusions described in the Certificate of Insurance issued upon enrollment.