Review My Card Program
1. Membership Rewards: Cardmembers must enroll in the Membership Rewards program. An annual fee, plus applicable taxes, will be charged to the Corporate Card. The Cardmember is responsible for paying this fee, unless otherwise noted within the company policy.
2. Aeroplan Miles: Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption of 1,000 points for each transfer. (1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan Miles). Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
3. Air Canada Cash Back Loyalty Program: Companies are eligible to receive Cash Back on the purchase of eligible Air Canada flights charged to the American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Card, as per the following rules:
(a) Companies must spend a minimum of $20,000 on flight bookings for travel on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or on carriers operating under the Air Canada Express banner, regardless of fare option or booking class. Flight bookings with Air Canada’s codeshare or interline partners are not included in the calculation of the amount spent on flight bookings;
(b) The amount spent on a flight booking is equivalent to the base fare, exclusive of all taxes, surcharges and any additional fees (such as travel option charges), and is calculated once the flight has been completed;
(c) Flight Pass purchases can also be included in the calculation of the amount spent on flights bookings. The calculation will be based on the amount of the Flight Pass purchase charged on the American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Card (minus any Flight Pass credits and returns); and
(d) Companies with Air Canada contracted and/or negotiated fare rates are not eligible for this Cash Back offer.
4. Front Of The Line: Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
6. Express Cash: Subject to cash availability and local currency restrictions.
7. Travel Emergency Assistance: All services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods and services or refusal of permissions by local authorities.
8. International Airline Program: The International Airline Program (the “Program”) offers a discounted companion ticket, complimentary upgrade, special class fare or discounted fare on participating airlines to holders of an eligible basic and supplementary American Express Platinum Card as described in your American Express Welcome Brochure or are otherwise identified to you by American Express (“Eligible Cardmember”). In order to take advantage of the Program, the Eligible Cardmember’s account must be active (meaning not cancelled).
i. To receive a discounted companion ticket, the Eligible Cardmember must purchase an eligible ticket in an an eligible class – first class, business class or premium economy on a participating airline for an eligible flight originating in and returning to a designated gateway and charge the purchase of such ticket to an Eligible Card. Eligible Cardmember must be one of the travellers.
ii. To receive a complimentary upgrade to First Class or special discounted fares on participating airline(s), the Eligible Cardmember must purchase a full-fare non-restrictive ticket or an eligible ticket on an eligible flight and class of service originating in and returning to a designated gateway and charge the purchase of the ticket to an Eligible Card. These three offers cannot be combined with each other or
with any other offer at any time. Only select airline(s) offer upgrades or special discounted fares. Eligible Cardmember must be one of the travellers.
iii. Other restrictions may apply. For additional details including participating airlines and additional terms, conditions and restrictions, and to book travel please call Platinum Card Travel Service at 1-800-668-9147.
iv. Eligible routes, class of service, code-share arrangements, designated gateways and similar matters relating to travel in the Program are determined by and will vary by airline.
v. The Program is valid for travel purchases booked and/or completed within designated dates. Designated dates are subject to change without notice and are updated based on arrangements with participating airlines from time to time.
vi. All Program bookings and purchases must be made through American Express Travel Services of Amex Canada Inc. A travel service fee per booking may apply.
vii. The Program is subject to availability on the participating airlines’ eligible flights. Participating airlines may have limited seat allocations and destinations in respect of the Program and may have other terms, conditions, exclusions, restrictions and fees. Eligible class(es) of service are determined by each participating airline.
viii. Tickets issued for this Program cannot be transferred or endorsed. Full-fare ticket and the associated discounted fare ticket(s), must be issued at the same time, for the same itinerary, with departure and return on the same flights and in the same class of service. All tickets are subject to all applicable government fees, taxes and charges including airport levies. Once issued, names cannot be changed. Passengers and companions under the Program must travel together.
ix. Tickets must show a confirmed reservation for the entire trip and must be purchased in Canada using an Eligible Card prior to the start of travel. No split currency ticketing is permitted.
x. Prepaid and miscellaneous charge orders (“MCOs”) may not be permitted.
xi. Electronic tickets are mandatory and will be issued whenever the itinerary is e-ticket eligible.
xii. Re-routings, one-way, circle-trip and open-jaw itineraries may not be permitted.
xiii. International Air Transport Association fare construction principles and rules apply. There are limitations on the number of transfers through the international hub(s) of the participating airline. Maximum numbers of transits allowed through international hub(s) may vary and are determined by participating airlines. Sector and side trips may not be allowed. Certain code-share flights may not apply.
xiv. Interlining is not permitted unless otherwise stated. Flights on participating airlines cannot be combined under the Program. Flights on non-participating airlines are not eligible for the Program and must be ticketed and priced separately. Canadian domestic fares to and from the designated departure gateways must be ticketed separately and are not included as part of the Program unless otherwise stated.
xv. Discounted companion tickets have no refund value and do not accrue frequent flyer mileage. Once tickets are issued, changes, cancellations and refunds, as applicable, may be subject to a fee per ticket and will be at the Eligible Cardmember’s expense. Refunds after departure or “no shows” may not be allowed. Refunds are allowed on the full-fare ticket only, and must be accompanied by the unused
companion ticket. Discounted companion tickets are not refundable and have no refund value, however, if applicable, taxes and fees may be fully refundable. Special class fare tickets and upgrade tickets will be refunded at the original ticket price subject to any applicable fees.
xvi. This Program cannot be combined with any other promotion, travel agent discount, consolidator fares, travel industry and airline employee discounts, child, infant or senior citizen fare, frequent flyer award, group rate, corporate rate, MCOs, or any other promotional offer.
xvii. Ticketing is based on Fare rules of the participating airlines, and the corresponding fare class in which the ticket is booked.
xviii. We reserve the right to cancel or change the Program in whole or in part or change the terms and conditions of the Program at any time, for any reason and without notice. Participating airlines are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances will Amex Bank of Canada, Amex Canada Inc. or any of their affiliates be liable for any loss or damage howsoever incurred as a result of the termination of the Program, the termination of any participating airline or any change in the Program.
xix. All recourse for any and all liability in connection with full-fare and/or companion tickets, special class fare tickets, discounted fare tickets and/or upgrade tickets issued under the Program, the refusal to issue or honour any such tickets, travel pursuant to any such tickets or the failure of any participating airline or other party to adhere to the terms of the Program is as against the relevant participating airline only. Under no circumstances will Amex Bank of Canada, Amex Canada Inc. or any of their affiliates be liable for any conduct, action or failure of any participating airline whatsoever, including, without limitation, for any expense, loss, injury (to person or property), damage, delay, flight cancellation, denied boarding, missed connection, accident or any other matter whatsoever, however suffered or caused, directly or indirectly in connection with tickets, transportation or other services provided or refused to be provided by any participating airline or other party. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Amex Bank of Canada, Amex Canada Inc. or any of their affiliates will not be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind whatsoever arising from or in connection with the Program (whether in contract, tort, strict liability, products liability or otherwise), including, without limitation, lost revenues, loss of profits or loss or interruption of business.
9. Airport Club Program: The Corporate Platinum Cardmember must present his or her valid Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club agents. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply to provide complimentary club access in all cases. Age requirements and policies for admittance to airport club lounges vary by airline and location. Cardmembers must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Partners and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access subject to Delta Sky Club's then-current access policy. This information is accurate as of 3/9/2014.
10. Toronto Pearson Priority Lane: American Express Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid Platinum Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes ("Priority Lane") during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
11. Complimentary Centurion LoungeSM Access: The Centurion Lounges are premier airport lounges designed exclusively for American Express Cardmembers and feature complimentary gourmet meals, fine wines, American Express Member Services and other amenities. For locations and more information on amenities, please visit thecenturionlounge.com.
12. Maple Leaf Lounge: Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on an Air Canada, Jazz, Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance member airline to be permitted access to an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
13. Priority Airport Check-In: Applicable at airports where Executive First/Executive Class Priority check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada or Jazz operated flight during normal operations.
14. Fine Hotels & Resorts: In order to receive the Fine Hotels & Resorts program amenities and rates, reservations must be made through Personalized Travel Service from Amex Canada Inc. Payment must be made using the American Express Corporate Platinum Card in the Corporate Platinum Cardmember’s name. Room upgrade at check-in is based on availability. Fine Hotels & Resorts program amenities and rates are not combinable with other programs. One special program amenity per room, per stay. Cardmembers may reserve up to two (2) additional rooms other than for his/her own use inclusive of the standard amenities and negotiated rate. The Cardmember must accompany the party as a guest for which Fine Hotels & Resorts program reservations are made. If the Cardmember cancels his/her reservation, the Fine Hotels & Resorts program rates and amenities will no longer apply to any remaining reservation(s). Certain terms and conditions apply.
15. Starwood Hotels Preferred Guest Program: Enrollment in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is required. Benefits are subject to
change. Terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program apply. For complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program visit www.preferredguest.com. Program enrollment is valid as long as you are a Corporate
Platinum Cardmember in good standing.
16. Fairmont President's Club Platinum Membership: Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers of The Platinum Card® including The Corporate Platinum Card®, must enroll to qualify for the American Express "Platinum for Platinum" Fairmont President's Club Platinum benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-888-320-5959 or here and quoting the promotion code provided in the Corporate Platinum Card Welcome Book. If you are already a Fairmont President's Club member, then call 1-888-320-5959. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort paid for with an American Express Card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President's Club. The benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President's Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1-888-320-5959 or by visiting www.fairmont.com/fpc. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President's Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember.
17. Canadian Platinum Lounge: Holders of American Express Corporate Platinum Cards ("Eligible Cardmembers") may access participating Canadian and International airport lounges ("Participating Lounges") on a complimentary basis. Participating Lounges may change from time to time. To access a Participating Lounge, Eligible Cardmember must show a valid, American Express Corporate Platinum Card, airline ticket for travel on the same day and government issued photo identification in the name of the Eligible Cardmember. Each guest of an Eligible Cardmember to a Participating Lounge is subject to a preferred guest fee per visit (which may change without notice). Preferred guest fee must be charged to an American Express Card. International Plaza Premium Lounges, maximum of two (2) hour stay. For Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport VIP Lounge, guests of Eligible Cardmembers are limited to spouse and children under age 18 OR maximum of 2 guests. House rules, terms and conditions of Participating Lounges apply. Use of Participating Lounges is subject to availability. Unless otherwise stated, Participating Lounge access cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit and is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
18. Priority Pass: - American Express Corporate Platinum Cardmembers may access participating Priority Pass lounges worldwide on a complimentary basis, provided that they complete the Priority Pass application form provided in their Corporate Platinum card welcome package or mailed separately to them upon request. The American Express Corporate Platinum Cardmember must present his or her Priority Pass card to gain access to participating lounges. Corporate Platinum Cardmember must be 21 years of age to enter into the airport club lounge without a parent or guardian. Members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Amenities may vary among airport club locations. Conference rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. For a list of participating airport club locations visit. www.prioritypass.com. Partners and locations subject to change. Member is liable for guest visits, which will automatically be charged to the Corporate Platinum Card after the visit has been reported by the participating lounge. Corporate Platinum Cardmembers' accompanying guests may access participating lounges for a US $27* fee, which will automatically be charged to the Corporate Platinum Card.
*The charge in US Dollars will be converted into Canadian Dollars. The conversion will take place on the date the charge is processed by us , which may not be the same date on which the charge was made it depends on when the charge was submitted to us. Unless a specific rate is required by law , American Express treasury system will use conversion rates based on interbank rates that it selects from customary industry sources on the business day prior to the processing date, increased by a single conversion commission as specified in your billing statement or otherwise disclosed by us. If the charge is converted by a third party prior to being submitted by us, any conversions made by those third parties will be at rates selected by them.
19. Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of the rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered. Please read your Certificate of Insurance carefully as it contains specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage.
20. Flight Delay Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
21. Baggage Delay Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
22. Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
23. Lost/Stolen Baggage Insurance: Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
24. Travel Accident Insurance: Underwritten by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada (a member Company of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies). Under Master Policy #6477-4608.
All Insurance coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of their respective Master Policies. Certain limitations, exclusions, and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.