American Express expense management solutions can help your company work smarter by streamlining purchasing and simplifying the expense reporting and reconciliation process.
Expense Management System
For any business, managing expenses and cash flow is as important as growing revenue. Fortunately, your company doesn’t need a team of experts to improve its expense management processes – it just needs the right tools. Drawing on its extensive experience, American Express has developed an expense management system to streamline purchasing and simplify reporting and reconciliation processes for work related expenses.
American Express provides a range of tailored cost management solutions that are designed to help you:
- Drive real savings for your business
- Streamline processes to reduce time and cost
- Improve cashflow
- Facilitate efficient administration of expense management systems using online tools
- Maximise control and improve compliance with purchasing policy
All backed by superior 24-hour worldwide service.
Gain visibility over business expenses
With American Express Expense Management Solutions, travel expenses, entertainment, and work related costs can be recorded in a complete expense management system. This provides complete transparency of Company expenses, allowing management to more effectively achieve objectives such as:
- Consolidating suppliers and identifying savings opportunities
- Driving compliance and identifying abnormal spending behaviour
- Setting individual limits by staff and expenditure type
- Leveraging insights to compile best practices
- Integrating expense management and management information systems
- Simply and pro-actively discovering trends
- Improve operating cash flow
You also have 24/7 access to reporting online, with data that can be sorted, manipulated and customised according to your individual requirements. With this level of spending control it is easier to attain a comprehensive reduction in costs, increase revenue and give your Company a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Discover for yourself why more Companies are using American Express to help take control of their expense management.
Corporate Card Programs Learn more
Purchasing Solutions Learn more
Business Travel Account Learn more
Rewards & Savings
The Membership Rewards program gives Corporate Card Members the opportunity to earn points redeemable for air travel and hotel stays, as well as shopping, home and recreation items. Card Members earn one point for virtually every THB 25 charged on eligible, enrolled American Express Cards. For added convenience, individual Membership Rewards program accounts points balance can be viewed online. Enrolment in Membership Rewards is not automatic and an annual fee applies.1
Depth of Business Insight
Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allows us to provide focused advice on your program and give you strategic solutions to help you realise maximum savings and return on your investment.
Leverage our implementation expertise to build a best-in-class program:
- Nearly 100 dedicated implementation managers around the globe
- Experience with companies in all industries, sizes including Fortune 1000, Global 2000, and mid-size companies
- Trained experts with access to tools and best practices from thousands of real projects
Large global accounts are assigned an Account Manager who is familiar with your industry, your challenges and your opportunities. In addition to providing outstanding support, your Account Manager will conduct regular account summary activities, as well as an annual strategic expense management review. The review is a way to benchmark your company's performance against your peers. From there, your Account Manager will advise on ways to modify and implement your card program to assure continuous improvement.
If there is a need for your Company to leverage global tools, service and expertise to develop a multi-market program, then the American Express Corporate Card program can help to provide:
- Consistent data through our Global Data Repository, closed-loop network infrastructure and direct merchant relationships
- A consolidated view of supplier spending across markets using our global reporting tools
- A holistic view of your program with data files that populate expense management tools and financial systems across markets
- The opportunity to negotiate for greater savings from increased volume via a multi-market program
- A cohesive program through our experienced global implementation resources
World Class Service
Your company can take advantage of 24/7 program support. And your Corporate Card Members will enjoy the exceptional global service and benefits of Card Membership.
Exclusive services include:
- 24/7 customer service
- 24/7 online account access, statements, payment, and expense report submission
- 24-hour emergency Card replacement
- Worldwide cash access
Worldwide Customer Care™ Services
Card Members who book their travel through one of our American Express Travel Service or Representative Offices enjoy the support of our extensive American Express Worldwide Customer Card services in over 2,200 Travel Service locations in more than 140 countries and territories worldwide. Our friendly, highly trained staff will help with the following services:
- Reconfirmation of air-tickets
- Sight-seeing arrangements
- Hotel and car rental reservations
- Flight rescheduling
For legal and medical emergencies while travelling, Card Members can call the complimentary Global Assist service that will connect them with an English-speaking lawyer or doctor. The service is available 24 hours a day virtually anywhere in the world, whenever Card Members travel more than 200km from home, for up to 90 days.
Benefits of a Corporate Card solution
Corporate Cards vs. Personal Credit Cards
When you ask employees to use personal credit cards for business expenses, they have to juggle corporate and personal expenses on a single card. That can be difficult for employees with limited credit access, such as recent graduates, and it can also make it harder for your company to manage expenses, since spend data is fragmented across multiple cards. It makes much more business sense to make use of a Corporate Card solution for business expenses to enable your business to better determine spending limits, liability, and billing options, so you'll have more control over employee spending. Plus, a corporate card makes it far easier to track spending and to ensure employees are working with preferred suppliers.
Corporate Cards vs. Cash
When you give employees cash, you're relying exclusively on internal controls to regulate how employees are spending money and whether they're returning unused funds. It can also create additional reimbursement procedures that can take up time and complicate your accounting. Our Corporate Card solutions enable you to define clear spending limits up front and to reimburse only company-approved expenditures. They provide critical documentation for tax purposes, as well as for verifying the accuracy of transactions. Corporate Cards also can improve your cash flow by minimising or eliminating the need for cash advances.
Corporate Cards vs. Bank Cards
Expense management is the core business of American Express. By working with the leading provider of Corporate Card solutions, your company can take advantage of a level of expense management experience and expertise that commercial banks simply cannot offer. Your partnership with American Express also enables your company to benefit from our global presence and capabilities. Plus, you can provide employees with the distinctive worldwide service and benefits of American Express Corporate Card Membership such as Membership Rewards.
The Global Business Consulting team for the Asia Pacific region provides a range of standard and bespoke tools and services tailored to each customer to address specific areas of concern with respect to expense management. Global Business Consulting partners with customers to identify process efficiencies, drive cost savings, analyse and optimise spend, identify areas for value creation and looks to provide recommendations on best-in-class solutions tailored to achieve your goals.
Some areas of focus where our customers have benefited from the recommendations and guidance have been:
- Visibility into employee spend behaviour
- Identification of Business to Business (B2B) spend
- Driving cost savings
- Review and development of policies
- Improving processes and procedures
- Sourcing effectiveness and supplier rationalisation
- Optimisation on both direct and indirect spend
- Driving compliance to policy
The Global Business Consulting team can assist to understand your existing program through analysis of current processes, policies and practices. The level of expense management program maturity is then assessed in order to recommend the appropriate tools and advice required to progress your program to the next level of program maturity and towards best-in-class practices.
The different stages of program maturity and progression through these stages towards a Best-in-Class program are demonstrated in the Evolution of Optimisation diagram below.
Bespoke Consulting Services
The American Express Global Business Consulting team can provide Your Company with services that answer your specific requirements. By identifying new areas of growth and opportunities to optimise areas of Your Company’s expense management program these bespoke tools can assist to drive best-in-class practice.
Some of the solutions available to Your Company are:
|Expense Management Optimisation
||An in-depth analysis of your spend data with recommendations relating to supplier management, compliance, spend visibility and potential savings and benefits
|Value Creation Analysis
||An analysis of commodity and supplier spend with recommendations to achieve supplier rationalisation, process and control savings
|Business Process Review
||An in-depth analysis of your expense management processes and systems accompanied with best practice process transformation recommendations to deliver cost savings and employee convenience
||A full critique of your expense management policies accompanied with recommendations for improvement to achieve a best-in-class policy
The Global Business Consulting team’s thought leadership experts research and provide informed perspectives into industry and sector specific areas of interest. These findings are used to help Your Company proactively and effectively manage, flex and adapt your business to current and future trends.
Some of the Thought Leadership tools include:
- Client Forums
- Industry Insights
- Case Studies
The American Express Global Business Consulting team aims to be your strategic partner in expense management solutions with:
- Access to best in class practices from American Express & third party studies and realised benefits from client engagements
- Tools for visibility to support audit, compliance and budget management
- A regionally based team servicing the Japan, Asia Pacific and Australia region
- Cross-sector industry experience and knowledge base
American Express offers Card members secure and convenient services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to manage their Corporate Card online.
Manage Your Card Account (MYCA)
A complimentary service that helps Card members review and reconcile their expenses online, without having to wait for monthly Corporate Card statements. The MYCA service:
- Access account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Track current charges and payments, and view statements for the past three months
- Track unbilled balance and new charges
Your monthly statements would continue to be mailed to you as usual.
Card Members can do the following online at Manage Your Card Account including:
- Review their Membership Rewards points balance
- Browse the Membership Rewards catalogue
1. Further Terms & Conditions can be read from the following link