American Express Consulting is an independent advisory team that can provide specialist procurement process strategies and insight to your business. With over 30 years experience and access to global best practice and benchmarking data, our review and recommendations could help you to achieve the 3 key objectives of increased savings, risk management and process savings.
- Make big savings through effective supplier rationalisation, supplier negotiation deals and a broad supplier strategy.
- We can review and develop your Travel and Meetings policies, plus provide advice on savings, process and risk management.
- Drive efficiency with process improvement opportunities and maximise cost reductions.
American Express Consulting can evaluate the effectiveness of your procurement strategies through the following services:
- Multiple vendor data consolidation and analysis
- Savings (and missed savings) quantification
- Departmental benchmarking
- Fraud health check
Control procurement management
Establishing a comprehensive supplier strategy is a crucial first step to making your Travel and Entertainment (T&E) policy work for your business.
American Express Consulting has over 30 years experience working with travel and entertainment procurement. This has given us access to the most detailed travel data available, coupled with experience negotiating air and hotel contracts with the world’s largest corporations. We can assist you in the development of your Company’s supplier strategy with the confidence that:
- All supplier negotiations are based on full data visibility
- Maximum savings are driven through effective supplier rationalisation
- Key negotiated supplier deals are benchmarked versus competition
Implement a policy that makes sense
The effectiveness of your T&E policy will be dictated by its ability to meet the evolving logistical and procurement requirements of your Company while at the same time providing business travellers with the advice and support they need.
With global policy experience across all industry sectors, American Express Consulting ensures the implementation of an effective policy and offers:
- An appraisal of current T&E or Meetings policy to identify weaknesses and pinpoint opportunities for improvement.
- Travel or Meetings Policy writing or re-writing.
- Specific recommendations on savings, process and risk management
Enforce compliance of your process
Once a Company has produced a detailed procurement policy, effective standardised processes are essential to help reinforce the behaviours that the travel policy is designed to drive.
A lack of compliance impacts a Company's strategy in two ways:
- By missing out on the negotiated saving available on each transaction,
- By reducing the Company's ability to drive the consolidating purchasing behaviour needed to achieve maximum volume-based discounts.
By standardising these procurement processes, you get the double benefit of improved visibility and compliance. These features help to drive savings by increasing the company’s leverage during discount negotiations with key suppliers, plus ensure that the maximum number of travellers exploit the available savings.
Find savings opportunities with step-by-step analysis
An American Express Consulting engagement can provide support by implementing process improvement opportunities that can result in cost reductions for your business.
We specialise in expense management integration and re-engineering. The team is experienced in system implementation from a variety of ERP and EMS systems.
Be prudent in managing your finances and maintain good credit
For more enquiries on other fees, please contact us at (02) 2547-3663.
Except for benefits or services for which American Express has disclosed the applicable period and conditions to the Cardmember, American Express may adjust the terms and conditions of card benefits or services on a quarterly basis and notify Cardmembers in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.
Please refer to the Cardmember brochure or American Express website for full details and terms and conditions governing Cardmember benefits and services.