Originally posted on Sept 1st 2016
Learn about our two optional Membership Rewards programmes available on your American Express Card.
1. Points can only be earned by, issued to and redeemed by Cardmembers. Not all American Express Corporate Cards are eligible for enrollment. Eligibility is based on the Company’s authorisation to participate in the Membership Rewards Programme. Points accrued in the Programme Account can only be redeemed by the Basic Cardmember. Cardmembers are solely responsible for the determination of any tax liability arising out of accrual or redemption of points.
Not all American Express Corporate Cards are eligible for enrollment. Eligibility is based on the Company’s authorisation to participate in the Membership Rewards Programme. Enrolled Cards will earn one Membership Rewards point for every full pound sterling charged. Points cannot be transferred to any other Corporate Membership Rewards Programme or Individual Membership Rewards Programme Account. Points will not be accrued prior to the Enrolment Date. Points will not be accrued for cash advances, Corporate Cash, Express Cash, Foreign Exchange or any other cash services or transactions, American Express Travellers Cheques, fees and charges for dishonoured payments, finance charges, Card fees, Programme fees, late payment charges or foreign exchange fees, charges for promotional offers, balances transferred from other Card Accounts, credits posted to a Card Account.
Please refer to the Membership Rewards ® Terms and Conditions for full details
2. You can redeem Points for goods, gift cards, gift certificates, E-Codes (codes to redeem for goods or services online). You should check the Terms and Conditions that are given to you with these rewards for important conditions such as expiry dates and any refund policies. You can visit membershiprewards.co.uk for more details.
3. You can opt for some or all of your Points to be added to a separate Account with an airline or hotel loyalty programme (called a Point Transfer Programme). You can ask us to transfer Points to your Point Transfer Programme on our website or by contacting Customer Services. To be able to do this, you must first link your Points Account to the Point Transfer Programme Account in your name. We will tell you how to do this when you contact us, or you can do it online via our website. Visit our website at membershiprewards.co.uk/travel for more information on transferring Points to Point Transfer Programmes.
4. If you also have one or more Consumer Card eligible to be enrolled in the Membership Rewards Programme, you can ask that they are ‘linked’ to your Corporate Card in order that Points earned on all your Cards will go into the same Points Account (Linked Cards) provided that they have the same Earn Rate, are billed in the same currency and are all enrolled in the Programme. If you only have a Corporate Card enrolled in the Programme, Linked Cards will not apply. We will only credit your Points earned on your Corporate Card to your individual Points Account.
5. Only eligible Corporate Cards can enrol in Membership Rewards. Corporate Green and Gold Cardmembers must individually enrol in
6. Note that the annual Membership Rewards Programme fee only applies to Corporate Green and Gold Cardmembers. Corporate Platinum Cardmembers are automatically enrolled in Membership Rewards with the payment of their annual Card fee.
American Express reserves the right to modify or cancel any reward at any time. Please visit membershiprewards.co.uk or call 0800 917 8053 for more information, for current annual fees or for full Membership Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions. To cancel enrollment in Membership Rewards, please call 0800 917 8053.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.