Benefits for Your Company or Your Clients
Reinforce your position as a trusted advisor for your clients by referring their companies to American Express® Global Corporate Payments products. The Trusted Advisor1 program is a referral program specifically for accounting, insurance, and law professionals because you understand business financials and the importance of operational efficiencies.
In addition, your company can receive a one-time incentive payment for a Qualified Lead* that results in business for American Express as described below. Or, your company can opt to have the payment issued to your client’s company.
Participating in the program is simple. Here’s how the program works:
- Register your company for the Trusted Advisor program on our partner portal: www.americanexpress.com/trustedadvisor_portal
- In the portal, submit names of businesses who you think can benefit from our products.
- American Express determines if your referral is a Qualified Lead.
- Choose to have incentive payments issued to your company or your client.
- The incentive payment will be made when your Qualified Lead results in spending on the new account within one year after the referral was submitted.
We don’t ask you to actually sell our Global Corporate Payments program. We only ask you to identify clients or businesses who may be able to benefit from our products and then warmly refer them to us. Our sales team can then follow up with your contact and do the rest. For more information about the Trusted Advisor program, contact your American Express Sales representative.
*A Qualified Lead must meet the following eligibility criteria: (1) must not currently be an American Express Global Corporate Payment customer; (2) must not have been submitted as a referral within the last year through any internal or external American Express lead referral partner or program; and (3) must meet the eligibility criteria of a Global Corporate Payments customer, which require the company to have been in business for at least 1 year, have an annual revenue of $10 million, and must not be a sole proprietor. Notwithstanding the above, American Express has sole discretion regarding acceptance of all referrals, including Qualified Leads.
1. The American Express® Trusted Advisor program is open to all companies and associations in the United States with a federal tax ID number, excluding travel agencies, that can refer companies engaging in business to business (B2B) payments to American Express Global Corporate Payments. Authorized officers of eligible companies and associations can enroll in the program as a referring partner at the Trusted Advisor portal, available at: www.americanexpress.com/trustedadvisor_portal. Only Qualified Leads referred to a Global Corporate Payments program account via the online Trusted Advisor portal can lead to a one-time incentive payment from American Express. An incentive payment will be issued if the Qualified Lead* establishes and spends on a Global Corporate Payment program account in the United States, within one year after the referral was submitted via the Trusted Advisor portal. Incentive payments are based on each separate referral and will be paid by check to the company registered as the referring partner or to the referred client, based on the referring partner’s choice. Incentive payments will be made approximately 90 days after spending occurs on the referred client’s new Global Corporate Payments program account. The amount of the incentive payment is based upon the estimated annual charge volume of the new Global Corporate Payments program account, to be estimated by American Express in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the above, American Express has the sole discretion regarding acceptance of all referrals, including Qualified Leads* Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit https://partnerportal.americanexpress.com/aexp_pp_Terms_And_Conditions for details.