Benefits for Your Association or Your Members
The Association Advantage1 program is a referral program that offers the opportunity for associations to refer their members to American Express for Global Corporate Payments products. In addition, if your referred member is approved as a Qualified Lead* that results in business for American Express as described below, they can receive a one-time incentive payment. Or, your association can opt to split the payment with the Qualified Lead.
Participating in the program is simple. Here’s how the program works:
- Register your association for the Association Advantage program on our partner portal: www.americanexpress.com/associationadvantage_portal
- In the portal, submit names of your association members who you think can benefit from our products.
- American Express determines if your referral is a Qualified Lead.
- Choose to have incentive payments issued to your Qualified Lead or split the payment between your Qualified Lead and your association.
- The incentive payment will be made when your Qualified Lead results in spending on the new account within one year after the referral was submitted.
*A Qualified Lead must meet the following eligibility criteria: (1) must not currently be an American Express Global Corporate Payment customer; (2) must not have been submitted as a referral within the last year through any internal or external American Express lead referral partner or program; and (3) must meet the eligibility criteria of a Global Corporate Payments customer, which require the company to have been in business for at least 1 year, have an annual revenue of $10 million, and must not be a sole proprietor. Notwithstanding the above, American Express has sole discretion regarding acceptance of all referrals, including Qualified Leads.
We don’t ask you to actually sell our Global Corporate Payments program. We only ask you to identify clients or businesses who may be able to benefit from our products and then warmly refer them to us. Our sales team can then follow up with your contact and do the rest. For more information about the Association Advantage program, contact your American Express Sales representative.
1. The American Express® Association Advantage program is open to all associations in the United States with a federal tax ID number, excluding travel agencies, that can refer companies engaging in business to business (B2B) payments to American Express Global Corporate Payments. Authorized officers of eligible associations can register in the program as a referring partner at the Association Advantage portal, available at: www.americanexpress.com/associationadvantage_portal. Only Qualified Leads referred to a Global Corporate Payments program account via the online Association Advantage portal can lead to a one-time incentive payment from American Express. An incentive payment will be issued if the Qualified Lead establishes and spends on a Global Corporate Payment program account in the United States, within one year after the referral was submitted via the Association Advantage portal. Incentive payments are based on each separate referral. Based on the referring association’s choice, the incentive payment will be paid by check to the referred member or split between the association registered in the program, and the referred member. Incentive payments will be made approximately 90 days after spending occurs on the referred member’s new Global Corporate Payments program account. The amount of the incentive payment is based upon the estimated annual charge volume of the new Global Corporate Payments program account, to be estimated by American Express in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the above, American Express has the sole discretion regarding acceptance of all referrals, including Qualified Leads Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit https://partnerportal.americanexpress.com/aexp_pp_Terms_And_Conditions for details.