Ongoing engagement is the key to success in the Partners Plus program. If you devote the time to work closely with your local American Express representative, you’ll have a bigger win rate as you target key prospects and make warm introductions.
Here are some best practices for partnership with American Express:
- Understand your clients’ needs and be able to articulate the value of American Express expense management solutions
- Keep the message simple – don’t oversell our products. Let American Express do the heavy lifting on the sell
- Concentrate on the overall value Global Corporate Payments can bring for streamlining processes and offering benefits
- Remember that our most successful partners typically meet with their American Express representative at least quarterly. This is not a requirement, but regular meetings with a rep give partners an opportunity to discuss strategies and best practices, and to devise a plan that keeps leads flowing
- Share your ideas. If you have something you’d like to try, by all means let us know so we can help you succeed
- Know what makes a good lead. Realize that only clients with sales revenue over $4 million are eligible for Global Corporate Payments solutions. For more information on what makes a strong lead, see the How It Works walk-through.
- People who are highly engaged with their local American Express representative have a better understanding of the program and submit stronger leads.